VENDOR LISTING: VENUE
Deep Creek Lake State Park
Deep Creek Lake State Park is located in Western Maryland’s Garrett County. The park encompasses over 1,800 acres and adjoins Deep Creek Lake Natural Resources Management Area and its 3,900-acre man-made lake.
- Grassy area by the beach available for wedding ceremony free of charge.
- Pavilions available for reception at 53$ with a registration charge of $6.
The wedding party is required to pay the standard park entrance fee whether having a ceremony or if renting a pavilion. Cost from Memorial Day to Labor Day is $3 per Maryland resident and $5 per out of state resident. After Labor Day cost is $3 per vehicle for Maryland residents and $5 per vehicle for out of state residents.
You can pay the entrance fee ahead of time for your guests if you wish.
You may bring your own decorations. Park closes at sunset and all trash must be cleared out by the renters of the pavilion.
Contact Anita for more info (301) 387-5563
Swallow Falls State Park
This mountain park is located nine miles north of Oakland, Maryland and contains some of Maryland’s most breathtaking scenery. The Youghiogheny River flows along the park’s borders, passing through shaded rocky gorges and creating rippling rapids. Muddy Creek Falls is a crashing 53-foot waterfall – a spectacular sight. Tall hemlocks dominate the silent woods. The 1 1/4 mile trail through Swallow Falls guides hikers to some of the most breath-taking scenery in Western Maryland.
- Wedding ceremonies take place atop the Muddy Creek Falls by the pavilion for the reception.
- Pavilion is available for $30 on weekends and holidays and $15 for weekdays and non-holidays.
- There are also three camper cabins which include electric heat, mini fridge, one double bed, and a bunk bed. Reservations are required for all three camper cabins from mid-April until mid-December.
Entrance fee is required for all guests. Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day, as well as weekends in May, September, and October $3 per person for Maryland residents, $5 for out of state residents. All other times $3 per vehicle for Maryland residents, $5 vehicle for out of state residents. You can pay the entrance fee ahead of time for your guests if you wish.
Contact Donnie Oates for more information (301) 334-9180
The 365-acre park, located within Garrett State Forest, offers swimming, canoeing, kayaking, picnicking, hiking, tennis, basketball, volleyball and 20 furnished log cabins for rental use year round. At the heart of this park is a 53-acre lake.
- The Lake House is available for $75 after 6 pm in the summer and is open for day use during the offseason.
- Pavilions are also available at $20 on weekends and holidays and $15 for non-holidays and weekdays.
- Twenty cabins with electricity offer bathrooms with hot shower, fully-equipped kitchens including refrigerator and dishes, as well as wood-burning fireplaces with inserts, and complimentary firewood. Personal items such as towels, linens, pillows, blankets, dish soap, toiletries, and food are not provided. A two-night minimum stay is required on non-holiday weekends and a three-day minimum stay is required on holiday weekends. Cabins are available year round.
Memorial Day weekend until Labor Day weekends and holidays are $3 per person for Maryland residents $5 per person for out-of-state residents. Year-round weekdays and weekends after Labor Day through the Friday before Memorial Day is $3 per vehicle MD residents and $5 per vehicle out-of-state residents.
Contact Donnie Oates for more information (301) 334 -9180
New Germany State Park
This park offers a lovely backdrop of New Germany Lake at the boat ramp. Decorations, chairs, and structures, such as archways, chairs or flower stands are permitted for your ceremony. String is preferred for portable decorations.
Three shelters available for rental:
- Tamarack- This small shelter can hold 40 guests. It has electricity, picnic tables, and grills. It is the perfect site for small family reunions and birthday parties. It can be rented from Memorial Day-Labor Day for $16.75 (+ service charge) and from Labor Day-Memorial Day for $36.75 (+ service charge).
- Tall Oaks- Large shelter can seat up to 75 people. It has electricity and a large fireplace, as well as picnic tables. Weddings and family reunions are common here. It can be rented from Memorial Day-Labor Day for $36.75 (+ service charge) and Labor Day-Memorial Day for $76.75 (+ service charge).
- Recreation Hall – The Rec Hall is the site for many reunions, weddings, and other special events. The hall features a prep kitchen, picnic tables, outdoor grills, and additional chairs. The facility is wheelchair accessible; however, restrooms are located in a separate building. The hall has a 49 person capacity and is available for $96.75 (+ service charge).
Alcohol permits are available and can be obtained when making your reservations.
New Germany Lake House boasts a magnificent view of the lake and is available at certain times during the year. Call the park office to check for availability.
There are eleven full-service cabins available for rent for your guests and/or the wedding party.
For more information call (301) 895-5453
Casselman River Bridge State Park
Casselman River Bridge State Park is a 4-acre parcel, popular for picnicking, fly fishing and photography.
It is on the National Register of Historic Places; built between 1813 and 1817. Penn Alps Restaurant, Cornucopia and Little Crossings Dips are nearby along with Spruce Forest Artisan Village where you just might catch an artist at work carving a bird out of wood or creating pottery.
- You are welcome to have your ceremony on the bridge but must be aware that you can not rent the area and it is open to the public. Parking is limited.
For more information call (301) 895 -5453
Sang Run State Park
Step back in time at Sang Run State Park and the Historic Friends Store. A homestead, formerly known as Friends Delight, dates back to the early 1800s. Hike, fish, picnic or sit and relax along the Wild and Scenic Youghiogheny River. A mile-long trail traverses the agricultural farm fields highlighting large old trees, wildflower meadows and passes by a private family cemetery.
- Sang Run Pavilion is located next to the Youghiogheny River and is a picturesque setting for large family gatherings, weddings, parties and more. It can accommodate up to 75 people for events between 8:00 AM and Sunset. Alcohol is permitted with a special permit. Cost to rent pavilion is $40 and you are responsible for trash and clean up.
- Picnic tables are available near Friends Store and benches are along the Youghiogheny River.
301-387-5563 Anita (year-round)
301-387-3225 (May –September)
Big Run State Park
Situated at the mouth of the Savage River Reservoir, Big Run State Park is the perfect base camp from which to enjoy the surrounding Savage River State Forest. Campers at Big Run have easy access to fishing, boating, hiking or hunting opportunities. Autumn visitors have a spectacular view of the changing colors on the surrounding mountain ridges.
- The Big Run Pavilion is available year-round for weddings, reunions, and other large group events. It costs $76.75 plus a $6.25 reservation fee. It can accommodate up to 75 people for events between 8:00 A.M. and sunset. Alcohol is permitted with a special permit.
- Picnic tables are available in the Day Use area of the park, along Big Run Road at the intersection with Savage River Rd. These tables are available on a first-come, first serve basis.
For more information call (301) 895-5453